AMD is currently disseminating a graphics driver upgrade from November even though it is already December. Three big games are supported by the most recent AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition 22.11.2 update, along with a number of bug changes, one of which is excellent news for some Polaris users.
The Callisto Protocol and Need for Speed Unbound are two brand-new releases for December 2, and installing this driver is advised before playing any of them. Although The Witcher 3 is not a new game, CD Projekt RED will release its long-awaited Next-Gen Update on December 14; support for that will also be included in this driver.
Unfortunately, AMD hasn’t specified the precise stability or performance enhancements added to the driver for any of these games.
The following problems are resolved by this driver, and the flaw that caused some older AMD graphics cards (such the RX 500 series) to run at 100% GPU utilisation should now be resolved:
- On RadeonTM RX 6000 series GPUs when using some 240Hz refresh rate displays or high refresh rate primary display with low refresh rate secondary display combinations, an intermittent driver timeout or black screen may occur.
- When playing videos utilising hardware acceleration in Firefox on RadeonTM RX 6000 series GPUs, stuttering could happen.
- Some AMD Graphics Products, like as RadeonTM 570, may have GPU utilisation remaining at 100% even after games are closed due to AMDRSServ.exe.
- On RadeonTM RX 6000 series GPUs, a driver timeout or blank screen could sporadically happen while movies are playing in VRChatTM.
There are four concerns that AMD is still addressing:
- Using chromium-based browsers, intermittent system stuttering or UI flickering may happen when two videos are playing at once.
- Frame drops during video playing and gaming may happen in chromium-based browsers with extended monitors that have variable refresh rate enabled.
- On select AMD Graphics Products, such the RadeonTM RX 6700 XT, switching between the video and game windows may cause a momentary display corruption.
- It’s possible to have texture flickering or artefacts while playing Warhammer 40,000: DarktideTM.
- On Windows, the Radeon Settings app now offers the option to download the most recent AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition 22.11.2 driver. There is a separate download link for the driver on its release notes page here.