A minor bugfix update for the Firefox browser has been made available by Mozilla. The Suggested Actions feature in Windows 11 2022 Update stalls when copying phone number links. Version 107.0.1, which fixes this error, is now available in the Release channel (version 22H2). Problems with the Private Browsing mode, Color Management, minor UI hiccups, and more were also rectified.
It’s interesting to note that Firefox has already experienced issues due to the Suggested Actions feature in the Windows 11 2022 Update. Mozilla had to release an update earlier this month to fix crashes that occurred in similar circumstances.
The changelog for Mozilla Firefox 107.0.1 is provided below:
- a problem with some websites not being accessible consistently in Strict ETP or Private Browsing mode had been resolved (bug 1717806).
- Fixed a problem that prevented some users from using Color Management (bug 1799391).
- resolved a problem with some locales’ Settings Menu text overlapping (bug 1800379).
- Fixed an issue that caused hangs when copying phone number links in the new Windows 11 22H2 Suggested Actions feature (bug 1798098).
- Fixed a problem that prevented access to the DevTools UI when an alert dialogue appeared (bug 1801840).
- Firefox is available for download from the official website.
If the browser is already installed on your machine, it will update itself automatically in the background.
All current iterations of macOS, Linux, and Windows are supported by Mozilla Firefox, including the defunct Windows 7. Mozilla is thinking of extending Firefox support for Windows 7 until August 2023 as the well-liked operating system approaches the conclusion of the extended security update programme (in January 2023).