Microsoft had long-term ambitions to acquire Discord, but those plans were abandoned when the business decided to work with Sony instead. In the far future, Discord is now negotiating a contract with Microsoft. The Xbox Series X|S will reportedly feature Discord voice chat. This implies that users who have a Discord account can talk to their peers in the community directly from their Xbox.
Now, we should point out that this feature is currently only accessible to Xbox Insiders and that it will take some time before it is made available to all users.
According to what we have learned, gamers can use this Discord voice chat feature as they enjoy their favorite games. People will have the opportunity to see who is on the call and speaking while they are playing the game. Additionally, users have the option to change the sound and seamlessly transition between Discord Voice and Xbox game chat.
Xbox voice chat through Discord
Remember that you must first link your Discord and Xbox accounts in order to conduct a Discord Voice chat.
- Open the Guide by hitting the Xbox button on the console to complete this.
- Select Parties & Chat from there.
- then use Xbox to navigate to Discord Voice.
- The choice to use your smartphone to scan a QR code should appear right away.
- You can access the Discord and Xbox applications by scanning this specific QR code.
- Connect with them to create a two-way link between the two accounts.
- If you’ve already linked these accounts, you must do so right now.
A user’s Discord account cannot be linked to their Xbox account unless they are at least 13 years old.
Once both accounts have been connected, users can start a call as soon as they’re ready. However, kindly be aware that in order to transfer voice conversation from your Discord account to the Xbox in your home, you must use the Xbox software.